NANAS is taking the long-awaited step of collecting membership fees so that we can build a stronger organization. You can be among the first to help move NANAS to the next level.
Membership runs through the calendar year, so if you registered in 2019 as a charter member, please renew your membership for 2020 to take advantage of everything NANAS has to offer!
This information is also available as a PDF, which we invite you to share with students and colleagues.
- Discounted fees for NANAS-sponsored meetings/conferences
- Opportunities to be active in the organization, such as:
- Voting in NANAS elections (starting this autumn)
- Serving on committees
- Running for NANAS office
- Eligibility for NANAS awards
- Continued membership in the NANAS online community and timely access to all NANAS communications, including the monthly newsletter listing CFPs, publications, etc. Early in 2018, we transitioned to a new listserv, with digest and archive functions, reserved for members. This new listserv facilitates easy, informal connection with other age-studies scholars in the NANAS community.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to the growth of an important field. Membership dues are essential for ensuring the viability of future conferences.
We know that our members are also active in other professional organizations, so we are keeping dues very affordable for individuals as well as institutions:
- Student membership: $20
- Other individual: $40
- Institutional (includes 1 individual): $100
- Institutional sponsor (includes 2 individuals): $200
Membership will be for each calendar year regardless of when dues are paid. Therefore, the opportunity to be designated as a Charter Member will expire at the end of 2020.
Complete Your Registration
We’ve made it easy to become a NANAS Charter Member. To pay with a credit card, click here:
If you prefer, you can send a check in U.S. funds payable to the University of South Florida, with NANAS on the memo line. Mail to Richelle Heise, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, 8350 N. Tamiami Tr., C263, Sarasota, FL 34243. Please include your email address.